Saturday, December 3, 2011

Wrapping up the semester


"Self" is my self portrait I made for printmaking.


"The upper hand" is a print I am currently finishing up. The meaning behind the work is left up to the viewer. The original idea was war v.s. peace, but as I sketched out the idea it turned into more of a gender war theme.


"Manhattan" was my first project for print making. It is inspired by the ten year anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.


"Tools of the Trade" was created using a plaster mold of a spray paint can. I then carved the government seal into the clay body and inlaid black underglaze, finishing with a clear glossy glaze.


Last, but not least, is the finished "Iron Rocket". This project was a huge pain in the ass, but I'm glad to see the finished product.

Over winter break my main focus is going to be figuring out what to do for my senior studio class. I don't know if I want to go with illustrations and comics or street art themed work. The biggest problem I'm running into is deciding what element of my artistic talent will really push my creativity to a new level.

No comments:

Post a Comment