Friday, December 30, 2011

thoughts and tattoos

So I've had a sort of revelation. For the longest time I've been trying to find something new, something better then what I used to do with my art. What I have realized is that, I don't need to find something new. Rather I need to return to my roots and do what I love, I just need to draw. With this in mind, I've decided that for my senior show, I'm just gonna bust out drawings all semester long and then decide which one's I want to put into my show. I'll combine sketches and inked/colored works. It's who I am and what I do. Why change that?


This is my latest version of my Sigma Nu tattoo design


Here is another tattoo idea. It combines the tools I use in my art with a sort of motto; write on the walls, get your ideas out there and don't be afraid to express yourself.

My thought's on returning to my roots provides the idea of going into tattooing. I don't have to come up with my own ideas, but I get to do something that I would love; draw on someone and leave a mark for everyone to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment