Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Thought's on 2013

It's that time of the year again. Another year just seems to have flown by, it seems like just yesterday that I was still living with my parent's, planning a wedding, and trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life. This time of year always seems to bring me down, it feels like I didn't really accomplish anything. I'm still working the same deadend job, still trying to figure what I want to do with my life. But you know a lot of great things have happened this year. Even through all the anxiety and depression, I made a lot of good memories this year.

This year was probably the most important year of my life. Jackie and I finally got married. The six and a half years we've been together is nothing compared to the life time we will now have together. The wedding was beautiful, and I had a lot of fun seeing my friends and family. I can say it went by too fast, just a giant blur (and thats not because of the drinks). I know I was really stressed leading up to the day and even that morning, but it wasn't  because I was nervous, I had no doubts about what I was getting myself into. I knew I wanted to marry Jackie, I just wanted to make sure everythying was perfect for her.

As far as my art goes, I've been slowly working on that book for my grandmother, I've done some painting, and of course I'm always drawing something in my sketchbook. My goals for the upcoming year is to finish the book. Maybe I'll finish a few paintings, but I'm starting to get the feeling that I really want to start making more illustrations, do more drawings, that's what I really love anyways. In a week or so I start back to schoool, taking a class on computer graphics (photoshop, illustrator, etc.). It'll be exciting to learn how to do more with the programs I've had for years.

When it comes to work, I'm just working to keep my bills paid. Petsmart is moving their warehouse to PA and I don't plan on moving with them. In fact Jackie and I are looking at the option of moving to Texas. Ricky moved down there a while ago and everytihgn he's told me about Houston makes it seem like a great place for her and I to get a fresh start. There is an art scene down, so having access to galleries will be a big plus for me. I doubt I'll be looking into hanging up my work anytime soon, but just being around other artists and art work will keep me motivated. 

All in all it's been a busy year, I've learned a lot about myself. I may not see my parent's as much as I used to but I know they love me and they I know I love them. I've grown closer to Jackie's family. The lose of Gene, her grandfather, made me realize just how much the mean to me and how I mean to them. I'm not that cocky boyfriend form highschool anymore, I'm the son-in-law who is part of the family now.

As the new year approaches, remember who you were, who you're becoming, and all the people that have been there along the way. Always keep your head up and stay focused on the future, because event hough today may suck, tomorrow has the chance to be amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment