Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Experimenting

So I started painting again, if you can actually call it that. I'm experimenting with different techniques and mediums. This studio is an old bandana that I used as a rag when painting during college. I sketched out a skull ad threw some paint down on top of that.
A friend of mine at college used needle and thread to make some "drawings" on canvas. I liked the way that looked so I decided to put a little bit of that in there as well.
Finally, I took a turkey feather I had found in the spring and some orange spray paint to the canvas. It created outlines if the feather and then I just smacked the feather around on the canvas, kind if like an abstract artist would with a brush, but I found a new type of brush.
Over all I got some good ideas flowing. Now to think out an actual painting instead of this mess.









It ends the way it begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment